THE PRAYER LIFE OF OUR SCHOOL
We encourage our children to take part and experience many different forms of prayer.
- All classrooms have prayer areas that include liturgical images, artefacts, school and class prayers.
- All assemblies and gatherings in school have a religious and prayer focus for the whole community.
- The children are provided with a variety of prayer experiences and are encouraged to pray thoughtfully and with respect.
- Children are encouraged to develop their individual prayer life through daily participation in morning prayers, grace before and after meals and prayer at the end of the day. They also have opportunities to participate and lead prayers. Pupils are encouraged to know they can pray at any time or in any place.
- Our prayer garden provides a wonderful outdoor environment for prayer and reflection.
- There is a time in each act of worship where the children can talk to Jesus in their own words. The teacher encourages prayers that are relevant e.g. thanksgiving prayers, concerns for others, prayers for guidance and protection. Staff are sensitive to the feelings of pupils. It is also possible to offer up a prayer to Jesus to listen to the prayers in our hearts that have not been spoken.
- Our Gift Ambassadors and children of differing phase groups plan and lead prayer sessions for their peers.
- Staff pray together before every meeting.
We also work hard to include families in the prayer life of our school. We do this by:
- Encouraging parents and families to attend assemblies, prayer services and other acts of collective worship.
- Holding special prayer services every term for parents to attend and join in with.
- Sending prayer bags home containing liturgical materials during (Advent and Lent) Marian prayer bags (October and May) for families to share prayer time together.
Please see below a powerpoint of our Prayers